• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Site Lost Page Rank For Interior Pages - Home Page Still Pr3

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lgseo14

lgseo14

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:25 AM

Hi,

We currently have a client who has a PageRank of 3 on their home page but all interior pages within their site now have a PageRank of 0. We are attempting to determine why the interior pages of this site have no PageRank. I cannot provide the domain as I do not have permission, however I am really looking for ideas on what can cause this.

My first question is does PageRank have to deal with incoming and outgoing links and are there any on-page optimization factors that can effect it?

I haven't found any recent complaints in other forums relating to this issue so I feel that it is specific to this site.

I did locate what would appear from a human review, what looks like paid links, however the client insists that he never bought any links on an sites and insists that Google will not penalize you for incoming links.

Additionally his advertising page used to say (he has now modified it) that advertising with his site would help increase your exposure in the search engines as links from other sites are important; however all outbound links that were paid for through the program had the nofollow to the links.

Please let me know your thoughts - I'm hoping to have some response by the end of today to discuss with the client tomorrow so if you could let me know what you think that would be great.

Thanks!

LGSEO14

#2 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

Toolbar PageRank is only updated a few times each year. More than like your client's site is fine and the TBPR reported for interior pages was just in flux when they did the data capture.

If the site is still getting plenty of search referral traffic there is nothing to do.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

You're looking for problems where likely none lie. Toolbar PR is typically buggy, not under your control, and of no significance to your traffic, sales or conversions.

Spend your time on more important things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!