• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Can We Trust Facebook's Click Counts?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tcolling

tcolling

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

Hi -

I own a small service business in North San Diego County. I have been trying out Facebook for marketing our services and for recruiting, with different Facebook pages for each of those efforts.

I am seeing MUCH higher click counts (and therefore expense) in what Facebook is claiming and charging for, vs. what Google Analytics is reporting. Just for the past seven days, for the recruiting page, Facebook has charged us for 72 clicks, whereas GA reports just 47 clicks from that campaign.

I don't know how to ask Facebook about this, but I suppose there's some sort of customer service email address I can use. In the meanwhile, I thought I'd ask here: can Facebook's click counts and charges be trusted?

Thanks,
Tim

#2 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:54 AM

Even if they can be trusted, are you seeing an increase in conversions? If not then the clicks don't appear to be paying for themselves. While I hope someone can help you with your specific question, remember that you need to gauge the effectiveness of an advertising channel mostly on the basis of how profitable it proves to be.

#3 tcolling

tcolling

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE(Michael Martinez @ Feb 5 2012, 10:54 PM) View Post
Even if they can be trusted, are you seeing an increase in conversions? If not then the clicks don't appear to be paying for themselves. While I hope someone can help you with your specific question, remember that you need to gauge the effectiveness of an advertising channel mostly on the basis of how profitable it proves to be.

Thank you for taking time to respond to my post. I appreciate your help!

I understand your point and I accept it. Conversion is the goal. In this case, conversion=qualified candidates applying for employment with our company. Since we're in the early days of trying out Facebook advertising for this purpose, and have only tried a couple of different ads and ad targeting strategies, I can't yet make any well-grounded assessments.

With that said, though, if we're not getting many clicks through to our landing page, the conversions obviously won't happen.

Anyway, I just wondered whether anyone else has seen a large discrepancy between what Facebook claims for clickthroughs to a dedicated landing page vs. what GA reports for arrivals from Facebook reports and charges for, for clickthroughs to that same dedicated landing page.

Thanks again for your help,
Tim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!