• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Nofollow And External Links To Review Pages

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 taterchips

taterchips

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hi,

I've been reading some of the debates and best practices about nofollowing external links from a website, but didn't find the particular details of my question.

I'm redoing my site and have added links on my homepage to my review pages (Google, Yelp, Yahoo!), as well as links to my G+ profile, facebook and twitter pages. Just curious if I should be making these links nofollow? It makes sense to me as the links are strictly informational - that is, provided specifically for users to research/follow my business rather than an attempt to somehow pass a link to those pages.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,003 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

Absolutely not!

Nofollow should only be used for links to places you don't trust or can't vet such as comment links made by others.

#3 taterchips

taterchips

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jan 25 2012, 02:41 PM) View Post
Absolutely not!

Nofollow should only be used for links to places you don't trust or can't vet such as comment links made by others.

Thanks, Jill! I was curious after reading an article earlier today about nofollowing links to Google Place pages. The argument was that PPs are search results rather than business pages that can acquire authority/PR (like a facebook page). Just wondered if there was any reason to nofollow facebook, twitter, etc.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,003 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

I'd suggest not reading at sites that talk about using nofollow in anyway other than for untrusted content. They're way behind the times, and it was never a good idea to begin with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!