• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Is It A Problem To Have Links To The Current Page?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 train99

train99

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

I have this happen frequently. I find a lot of these copied and pasted sections of my articles in Google's Webmaster tools under broken links. The broken link ones seem to be auto scrapers. That's a constant battle to fight, and not really worth the time except to maintain my copyrights.

I also see people pasting my articles on their sites. When it's real people, I approach them and instruct them on how to use my articles. For example, recently I found a forum owner pasting my articles into his forum so his members could discuss them. I told him I didn't want him doing that, but he was welcome to write a summary or use my summary and then link to my article. Over the years I've gotten some really good traffic and built relationships with newcomers in my markets by reaching out politely.

I frequently find my articles on eBay, and do a VERO compliant with them. That's just one email I have templated, and they have my signature on file. I always do this without contacting the poster because the eBay version will almost always push my result off Google, and has no links to my site or way for someone to get to me. It's like competing with myself wearing a blindfold.

The worst example of coping I ever had was a guy pasted a few of my articles about toy trains into an appraisal site as "evidence" of his knowledge. I also have sites on toys, and the owner of the site approached me to do toy appraisals. When I was looking at his site, I found my articles with the other appraiser's name on them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!