• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Pros And Cons Of Delivery An Asset Automatically After Form Completion

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ttw

ttw

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:07 PM

My client’s website is set up so that once a visitor completes a lead form for gated documents such as white paper, case study, etc. that the asset automatically downloads.

Our first problem with this is getting it to work with Google AdWords. We added the AdWords script to a new hidden page that the form redirects to prior to the asset downloading.

Unfortunately, AdWords is not registering the conversion. It could be that the page is redirecting too quickly for Google. We realize we could try attaching the conversion code to a click event on the submit button.

I believe this asset delivery system creates other issues such as:

• Getting Google Analytics Goal Tracking set up correctly (yes we can use ‘on click”)
• Doing A/B testing using Google Website Optimizer (it requires a “Thank you” page)
• Often the thank you page is used to do other things like offer other assets, social media buttons, etc. so we miss that opportunity to upsell/cross-sell. Example: http://goo.gl/MB4JW

I’m interested in feedback on how my client’s method is better than simply delivering a unique “Thank you” page containing the asset or a “Thank you” page that indicates the asset is being emailed.

Thank you

Rosemary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!