• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Joomla 1.7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,956 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

For anyone who has been avoiding using Joomla possibly because of the arcane nature of the "backend", you may breathe a sigh of relief and try out Joomla 1.7.

It is a vast improvement over the "built by geeks for geeks" UI of earlier versions. The changes have made a big difference to the usability and intuitive behaviour of it. I was a dedicated Joomla "hater" but after giving it a test run with the Kunena forum extension as an alternative to vBulletin 4 which proved to be an unstable resource hog in "sandbox" testing. I do have to say I actually like this version.

#2 ITsoldUK

ITsoldUK

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:28 AM

Have to agree Chris

Having been a Joomla 'geek' for many years, I have beta'd 1.7 and its updates for a while and find the interface more intuitive.

The only downside has been the speed at which the mods and coms are being made available and the odd 'quirk' that sometimes creeps in when running one or two tasks (you try running some cron tasks out the box...)

But overall a massive step in the right direction AND come autumn I am sure pretty much all of the bugs will be removed.

Kudos J Team, kudos!

Regards
Daren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!