• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Is More Traffic Considered By Se?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,517 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

Aah! That is apart from the end of the world of course.

Because here we are, a lunar month into the fourteenth b'ak'tun  and global disaster has failed to strike once more.

#32 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

It can only look at whether it has the right words on it, and whether the right number of the right resources have indicated in a way that the algo understands (links and citations) that the information is valuable.

There is no way any of those things are makng that crappy page rank, it has never, ever ranked before, and only now ranks since the latest updates.

This is just a prime, visible example of how IMO the G! SERPs have become so bad, since Panda / Penguine or what ever the latest update is called, the results from G! when I search are so much junk that I now use Bing as my main SE and only use G! if I can't find what I want in Bing.

You're pointing out a limitation on the ability of Google's algorithm to figure out some things.

Well these latest updates certainly seem to now point in the direction that G! has lost some of the ability it used to have to show relevant results.

We have just lost one of our ancillary sevices (A financial leads generation company) because it's just been bought by Google.  What on earth does G! want with an online financial comparison website and lead generation? I shudder at the thought!

I feel the landscape is changing considerably and not in a good way! G! can't be trusted to drive around the streets without stealing information from people's private LAN, I certanly don't trust them with my financial information!

#33 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,671 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Well these latest updates certainly seem to now point in the direction that G! has lost some of the ability it used to have to show relevant results.

Yes, but like I said, "relevant" from an algorithmic perspective doesn't have to mean accurate and up to date. In fact, I don't see how it can. This may not be true about the particular page you're talking about, but Google can only judge that a page is authoritative based on the responses it sees about it elsewhere. In fact, even if I linked to a given page about Subject X with the anchor text "wrong about Subject X," that wouldn't exactly tell Google that the page was a bad result for a search on [subject x]. It would merely make the page more algorithmically relevant to the query [wrong about subject x].

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!