• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Understanding Google Adwords Keyword Tool?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mikehende

mikehende

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:51 AM

Please see attached screenshot of the tool page, when doing a search as I have for web development, the SEARCH TERMS area shows monthly searches at 450k and the KEYWORD IDEAS section below show many keywords and their results, my question would be, is the keyword in the Search Term I should use or is that number 450k a sum of all the keyword ideas results?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,003 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

Because you had the tool set for "Broad Match" the 450k is what they call local monthly searches, which is an approximate number of how many people searched in the past month for phrases that contained the words web development or something equivalent.

When using that tool, I highly recommend setting it to "Exact Match" so that get information regarding the exact phrases. Broad match doesn't really tell you anything important, imo.

I also use the Global Monthly Search column rather than local. The global one is an average of the number of people who search monthly based on a year's worth of data (as I understand it).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!