• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Help With Penalized Site

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shera1

shera1

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

I posted some time ago that one of my sites was hacked over the summer and I caught it late.
There were two attacks- one that was random re-direct of popular pages on the blog to spam sites.
The other was insertion of 2,000+ spam html files that were "hosted" on my blog.
My traffic dropped from 2,000 visitors a day to about 500. The site is 8 years old.
I cleaned everything, made new database, and did clean install of wordpress.
All files on the server are clean.
This was done in October and had hoped dust would settle in time for Christmas which is busy time for me .
Normally I would do about $4,500-5,000 in November and December combined Amazon revenue- I did just under a thousand this year.
My AdSense also dropped drastically. My AdSense revenue for that site is about 10% of what is has been last few years.
I would normally be doing $25-40 a day for that site and last few weeks I am lucky to break five dollars.
I do appear in SERPS however some of my pages and posts do not appear at all.
In October after cleaning site I did request for re inclusion and problem seems worse to be honest not better- pages on the site are being dropped from indexing.
I have down other obvious things as well like fresh content, backlinks, crosslinks, etc.

I am wondering what my options are
1) Wait it out for it to revolve on its own- this has been my plan so far because I have spent alot of time and effort on this site - I have about 10 blogs I actively work and this is my "favorite" and used to be my biggest money maker.
It has been heartbreaking to watch it crash and burn and its been several months now with no improvement.

2) I have similar themed blogs that I don't keep up with- I am considering moving the blog over to one of them and wonder if different domain and on different server would help.

3) Keeping the blog and moving pages/posts that are not being indexed over to other blog. I have done that with a couple of pages to test and see if maybe my content just not that relevant anymore and pages are not ranking for legitimate reasons those pages are ranking in top 10 for search terms an performing well- as they used to on old blog that seems to be penalized.

I would be very appreciative of advice. At this point feel like I am scrambling a bit and want to solve problem long term and not do anything drastic.
Thanks!
Lisa

#2 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

You have enough posts to request a site review. Why don't you do that?

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,878 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

Did you receive any response from your reinclusion request?

It's possible that you've also been hit with Panda on top of everything else. Does the site go above and beyond just your traditional SEO ala this article on SEO in All The Right Places Doesn't Cut it Anymore?

#4 Hichem

Hichem

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

I don't think that your website is flagged for example ..
if it's still indexed in Google (search for info:website URL on Google) and see if you still have your main backlinks etc .. then it's probably panda ..

and recovering from panda needs several months ..

#5 shera1

shera1

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

@ Micheal- what do you mean by enough post for a site review?
@ Jill I had no written response from re-inclusion request and don't expect one. I did resubmit re-inclsuion request few days ago with more of an explanation. Typically when I have made request it gets dealt with in a few weeks.
I actually had "hoped" that Panda might be the case- however the site is older and established and is a blog that has been monetized- not a blog set up just to make money. Also, the "penalized pages" - I moved a couple of posts off the site onto another blog and they are ranking well so if it was just a matter of clever SEO and being tagged with Panda I don't think the same material would rank high on different domain?
Its not like the search terms are not ranking well for the posts- they don't rank at all or show up in results period.

If I do copy and paste of text from the original blog post- that doesn't even show up in SERPS.
If search term I rank for is " best board game for kids" I used to rank top 10 for example www.site.com/board-games-kids.php , no search will produce anything that points to that page- its as if that page does not exist. I will rank "best board game for kids" in top 25 tho for a different page... where I might mention that term- just not for the page that used to rank and I want people to find...
Hope I am explaining properly.

@Hitchem - My site is still indexed by Goolge- partially- its about 50+ pages/posts ( that I know of) that are being totally ignored.
would panda hit some pages and not others?

Thank you again for suggestion.

Do you see any value in moving site and/or content off onto another domain?
I am very tempted just to try it ... pointing another domain to the directory and database- bt dont want to cause further damage.
As I said I feel a bit like I might be getting desperate and acting in a rash manner.

Thanks again,
Lisa

#6 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:12 PM

Jill has a Website Review Forum where you can ask the forum visitors and regulars for detailed feedback on your site.

You should Read This Post First before you publish your request for a review.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!