• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Using Same Content + Unique Content More Pages?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 azarat

azarat

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:42 AM

Hi,

So I'm trying to do some SEO, or more, make sure our users know that we have a certain feature, and explain how it works. The idea I have in mind is this.

So we're a webhost and want to make sure that people know that with us you can use an 1-click installer to install certain software such as wordpress etc. So I have the following structure in mind:

1 page talking about the control panel and 1-click installer we use, under the 1-click installer description we're gonna have a list of the most popular software supported by it, the list is going to have a link to a new page with a "sales pitch" about what the software does, what its good for and talk about some of our services that is relevant when running the software. Under that there's going to be our comparison chart and a more general description of our web hosting plans.

So this means we will have quite a few pages with the same comparison chart and a table with our general features, and on top a unique description that talks about the software supported by our 1-click installer.

So there will be a lot of the same content on the different pages, but still a good unique description above.

How do you think this well be on SEO? Would it be harmfull due to the same content being on a few different pages, or do you think this would be good SEO on for example "wordpress hosting" ?

I've had a look on canonical tags as well but it seems like the changes between the sites is to big to use?

Thanks smile.gif

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,011 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

It shouldn't be harmful to your SEO.

But I don't really see pages such as those you're describing to show up for something as general as wordpress hosting. More something like "1-click wordpress install" which is more relevant to what they're about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!