• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Individual Keywords For Dki?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

Hey,

I had someone tell me the other day that you could include individual words in your DKI keyword list to expand your ability to show for a variety of keyphrases. For example, instead of putting keyphrases into your list:

organic dog food
organic cat food
etc.

You could put individual words:

organic
dog
food
cat
healthy
natural
etc.

Then, if someone searched for "healthy cat food" you'd show up where you wouldn't have shown for that search if you only had the organic terms in the list. Are you following me? My question is, (if this is possible) how would DKI know what order to put the individual words? Would it do it based on the search string?

Thanks

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,774 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:24 AM

I'm not positive as I'm no PPC person, but I believe that the idea is you'd have your list, but you'd only want it to insert one word.

So like you'd say:

[Keyword] dog food

And then healthy, natural, or whatever else could show there.

As I said, it's just a guess, so perhaps someone more familiar with Adwords and dynamic keyword insertion (DKI) will also reply.

#3 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:44 AM

Yes, that makes sense. And I understand that. It wasn't what this guy was talking about, however.

#4 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,550 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

I haven't tried it, so I'm just guessing here... but I would think it would be based on the search query. So if somebody searched for "cat food with organic ingredients" it would insert "cat food organic" (assuming those three words are on your list). I can't think of any other basis they could use for DKI when you're looking at multiple words like that.

--Torka mf_prop.gif

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,443 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

Hi Diane nice to hear from you, how goes it with you?

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,774 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

but I would think it would be based on the search query. So if somebody searched for "cat food with organic ingredients" it would insert "cat food organic" (assuming those three words are on your list).

I think I just read an article by Matt Van Wagner which says that the DKI is actually not based on search query.

#7 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:58 PM

Really? That's the whole purpose of DKI. To insert the keyword/phrase from a predefined list that the site visitor searched for. If the exact term isn't on the list, the default phrase gets put in. Hmmm... unsure.gif Do you have a link to the article?

#8 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,774 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:14 AM

Sorry, it is based on search query, but only if they're in your adwords campaign lists.

QUOTE(From the Article)
First, advertisers often assume that the DKI ad inserts the user query, a common misunderstanding. AdWords inserts keywords from your ad group.

Here's the article. It's a good explanation of DKI in general.

Improving Your AdWords Quality Scores With DKI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!