• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Google Plus As A Source For Seo

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 yardman1

yardman1

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:35 AM

I heard Google plus is a great source to get high rankings...anyone else confirm this?

#2 JackDaniels

JackDaniels

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE(yardman1 @ Dec 20 2011, 11:35 AM) View Post
I heard Google plus is a great source to get high rankings...anyone else confirm this?

Google is going to integrate Google+ results into google results, so of cource it is a good source of SEO.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:45 AM

It is helpful to SEO in the personalized results for those who are logged into their Google accounts. Just as Facebook and Twitter are.

#4 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

And of course Google will be getting first hand information on the sites/pages and people who are abusing "Social Media" for link "bombing" tactics.

#5 Guest_VinceWicks_*

Guest_VinceWicks_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

What is even more interesting is the rumors ( I can't call them facts) that Google (its algo) will take Google+ activity in more consideration. So, we godda do that.

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE(VinceWicks @ Feb 7 2012, 08:40 AM) View Post
What is even more interesting is the rumors ( I can't call them facts) that Google (its algo) will take Google+ activity in more consideration. So, we godda do that.

It already is, in the form of Search Plus Your World.

#7 fine0023

fine0023

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

It is helpful to SEO in the personalized results for those who are logged into their Google accounts. Just as Facebook and Twitter are.

Can you elaborate on this a little bit? How would it affect personalized results? Do you mean for people who already follow your website on google+ or facebook?

#8 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE(fine0023 @ Feb 8 2012, 01:40 PM) View Post
Can you elaborate on this a little bit? How would it affect personalized results? Do you mean for people who already follow your website on google+ or facebook?

It's one of the main factors that effect personalized results.

If you follow people on Twitter, for instance, and you're logged into Google, they'll show you stuff that your Twitter friends have recommended, often over other stuff.

#9 MrInternet

MrInternet

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

This is a no brainer. Google owns the Internet.

If you have an ecommerce website, you use everything that google has:
Google Checkout, Analytics, Web Master Tools, . . etc.

Just like I really don't like twitter or facebook, I went ahead and adding a Google + thing anyway.

Don't know if it's good or bad, . . but this Google + link appears on the first page of any searches related to my website.

#10 MrBeegood

MrBeegood

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE(JackDaniels @ Dec 20 2011, 04:00 AM) View Post
Google is going to integrate Google+ results into google results, so of cource it is a good source of SEO.

How do I utilize Google + when 90% of the world doesnt go past their facebook page? i have a g+ account and i see how it can be Very effective for seo but with facebook, twitter, and all the other similar sites how does G+ plan to compete? I am new at web dev and seo but i have had thousands of unique visitors in the last 6 months and not one of them is associated with G+. could someone offer some clarity and maybe how to start utilizing G+?

#11 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

At a minimum, create a G+ profile and see if anyone you know is there, if so, circle them. Continue to look every so often for more people that you know. You can also circle people who seem to have similar interests to you, similar as one would follow someone on Twitter.

Only time will tell if enough people will get on G+ to make it a good marketing avenue for more people. Right now, it's mainly those in tech fields (and SEO) that are on there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!