• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Ready To Launch New Bus. Website, Need Some Advice Please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 ann9787

ann9787

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:26 PM

Hi,

I am ready to launch a new local service related business where I expect to get customers initially exclusively through the website. I have a very good domain name and believe the site is optimized very well. I plan on utilizing Google Places, doing a little PPC in adwords and listing my business with review sites like Yelp. I really need this business to work which I have no doubt will once I am able to appear in the top search results for my business type. It is a very niche business so I don't have tremendous competition.

My question is to all that have experience with local SEO, is there anything I should be doing prior to the site going live that could help my ranking and does anyone know how long it typically takes to see your site on the first page (provided that all important bases are covered)?

My domain name I think will be a great asset - sort of like for people who are looking for widgets in Tampa, my domain name would be widgetsinTampa.com.

I really appreciate any input or advice regarding this. I'm starting to get a little nervous the closer I get the making the site live. Thanks to all in advance.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,989 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

Do you have a content strategy, as well as a social media one? Are you going to be leveraging 4square and other check-in services? How about a Facebook and Gplus page?

#3 ann9787

ann9787

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Dec 15 2011, 01:51 PM) View Post
Do you have a content strategy, as well as a social media one? Are you going to be leveraging 4square and other check-in services? How about a Facebook and Gplus page?

Hi,

My site will have lots and lots of content on it which I plan on updating on a regular basis. As for social media, I plan on having a facebook business page but don't expect that to draw much business to me initially. I wasn't aware that facebook could actually improve your ranking which is what I'm the most concerned about right now. I've been researching local SEO all morning/afternoon now and my head is getting a little dizzy.... Thanks for the tips.

#4 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,039 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:41 PM

improve your ranking which is what I'm the most concerned about right now

Read this (post #2) and this

#5 Davesplace

Davesplace

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE(ann9787 @ Dec 15 2011, 11:26 AM) View Post
Hi,

I am ready to launch a new local service related business where I expect to get customers initially exclusively through the website. I have a very good domain name and believe the site is optimized very well. I plan on utilizing Google Places, doing a little PPC in adwords and listing my business with review sites like Yelp. I really need this business to work which I have no doubt will once I am able to appear in the top search results for my business type. It is a very niche business so I don't have tremendous competition.

My question is to all that have experience with local SEO, is there anything I should be doing prior to the site going live that could help my ranking and does anyone know how long it typically takes to see your site on the first page (provided that all important bases are covered)?

My domain name I think will be a great asset - sort of like for people who are looking for widgets in Tampa, my domain name would be widgetsinTampa.com.

I really appreciate any input or advice regarding this. I'm starting to get a little nervous the closer I get the making the site live. Thanks to all in advance.

If it is a tight market, make sure you put your city's name in your url, and all over your homepage, title tag, and description tag. Are you using wordpress as your website software? If not, make a blog with wordpress and link it to your main site. Make sure you optimize your Google Places page, that it where you will get most of your traffic. Mobile search is growing everyday, make sure your website is mobile friendly. David

#6 Lorelle

Lorelle

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE(Davesplace @ Dec 17 2011, 06:36 AM) View Post
Are you using wordpress as your website software? If not, make a blog with wordpress and link it to your main site.

Correct me if I'm wrong (please!) but I've been noticing a lot of people seem to think that using WordPress or blogs or any CMS gives you a special express lane to being indexed more often in Google. It's just not that black and white of course.

Edited by Lorelle, 04 January 2012 - 02:07 AM.

#7 swirly

swirly

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:08 AM

Have you looked into the local keywords? Or area? Promoting your business is one thing but optimising your website for the best and most popular parts of the city might be a completely different issue.
If youíre asking for some SEO techniques then donít worry their a range of things you can do which are all free and will help boost your rankings for local keywords.

#8 KirkB

KirkB

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

I'm not sure if anyone has suggested it yet, or if it is just painfully obvious, but get your business listed on Google maps. If local search is your concern, with a listing on Google maps your business should appear right at the top of the search page, with a map to your lcoation. Unless of course there is a lot of competition in Tampa for widgets happy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!