• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Java Script Interstitial Widget

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DJKay

DJKay

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:08 PM

Hi Folks,

Someone on the executive team wants to test a kind of Java Script Interstitial ad of a guy walking around on a page explaining our subscription product. There is a B2B publishing company trying this with one of their subscription products and they want me to find something like this and run a test.

Okay...so.please..save me the lecture on whether this is a good thing or not. Believe me, its the last thing I want to test but I have been tasked with running this down, finding a solution and getting a test in place on it.

That said...anybody know of a widget I can buy to do this? I don't want to have a developer go down the road of creating this thing. We don't have the resources internally and I don't want to spend a ton of money.

Thanks in advance.

DJKay

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,022 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:15 AM

Well, it would have me going for the close button faster than off a stick. What with "popup personality help", "live chat" and what some people class as "music", I have CTRL+W down to a fine art now.

#3 DJKay

DJKay

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:50 AM

Oh yes...I agree... me too. I found a company in Boston that has an ad network that does this for you. Its fairly cheap to outsource..so I have a fall back just in case they are serious about wanting to try this..Thanks, DJKay

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,145 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

Since it's only a test I see no reason not to try it. I've often wanted to do something like that myself. I just don't have the technical know-how to do it.

#5 smc_online

smc_online

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

There is a company called talking heads that may be able to assist you (they are inexpensive and they post their prices on their website). I am not affiliated in any way. I know some one that used them in the past and was happy with the results. Good luck.

#6 DJKay

DJKay

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

There is a company here in Boston called Rovion that has an adserving platform and does this kind of thing. It was recommended to me through one of my contacts on linkedin, you send them the video shot on green screen, edited and they code and tag it for you then serve it where you want it.

So, I now have a resource if I need one. Thanks, DJKay

#7 DJKay

DJKay

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

Well, thought I would update the post...they want to try it, I have a meeting next week to begin the project of developing the test and implementing it. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks, DJKay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!