• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Related Reciprocal Links With Customers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 abreathof

abreathof

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:22 PM

Hi

I'm launching a vacation rental site. And will be giving listings away for free, atleast for a year or so. I was not going to allow owners to put their web addresses in the listing because I'd like to keep folks on my site. (But I will include their other contact info and contact email form thru my site)

I WAS considering allowing a listing to include their URL IF they linked back to me. [Another site] does the same thing (though they charge for the listing. The URL link takes you to the owners site, in an Iframe). I'm wondering if what [the other site is doing] is considered a no-no. They are very well-respected in the Vacation Rental world...

I know inlinks would be helpful for SEO on my new site. And it also seems it would provide a value to the rental owner since people searching do get a better sense of a place by seeing a personal website. And they can show prospective renters more photos than I include in listings, etc... Also, the link they place on their site would link directly to their listing on my site, giving folks access to their rental calendar, reviews, etc... So it seems win-win to me. Also, they seem like they are valid backlinks to me, since they are a satisfied customer (presumably, if they agree to do this), using my service...

[The other site's] model makes sense to me, but I'm new to all of this.
I appreciate your thoughts -- Thanks!

Edited by Jill, 21 December 2011 - 03:06 PM.
removed name of other site as per forum rules

#2 abreathof

abreathof

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:37 PM

Guess it's only been 10 days since I posted, but was hoping someone would chime in...

In the meantime, I made some changes to the way I am going to approach payment -- I've decided to only give a free year to part of my list. And offer a discounted rate to the rest. So I would be charging some folks for the listing, if that makes any difference. But still, no extra charge for displaying their website in an iframe, as long as they linked back to me...

Thoughts? Jill? Chris? Other experts?

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,916 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

It's fine. Although if Google looked at it carefully and thought that the links were paid/bribed for, they might not count them. But I wouldn't worry about it. Just don't advertise publicly that you're giving away something for links.

#4 abreathof

abreathof

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Dec 21 2011, 12:07 PM) View Post
It's fine. Although if Google looked at it carefully and thought that the links were paid/bribed for, they might not count them. But I wouldn't worry about it. Just don't advertise publicly that you're giving away something for links.

Thanks for weighing in. I'm so new to this, so it's all mysterious to me...

But Ive read enough of your newsletter and blog to know that I want to only use good SEO practices -- meaning not trying to scam the system, but rather making decisions based on value, whether it's value to the user or to the advertiser...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!