• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Google Places

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nozmo

Nozmo

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

Years ago we set up two google places account. One was for our primary website the other was for our blog. These are two different URLs but in GP the business addresses and most things are the same. All the viewing statistics are the same. I think Google views these as the same. Google often will list our blog on page 1 under the group of businesses they list and our website on page 1 or the first entry on page 2. Over time we have pretty much stopped posting to this blog and use a new one (1yr old) that is incorporated into our website.

My concern/question is what happens if I delete the listing that is the old blog? Will it affect the listing for business/primary website? My hope would be that the business in fact gets listed in the grouping of local business.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:08 AM

There's no way to no what will happen other than trying it.

#3 OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy

Work is Fun

• 4,713 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:00 PM

Places is a complete and utter screw-up, nothing is certain. in the Uk we have horrendous issues with 3rd party 'data partners' submitting data that creates new listings, only for the official places listing to be penalised!

Honestly, if you want to know what may or may not happen with a google p[laces listing, then throw a stick up in the air and see where it lands, because that method is probably more accurate sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!