• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Back On October First

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mrchris

mrchris

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

My site has been around for the past 2 years or so. We originally ranked very well eventually moving up to the #1 spot for my desired keywords. We remained there for about a year. From a SEO prospective our site killed our competitors, we did everything right and exactly as Google specified. Then on October 1 things slowly started to drop, over the course of a week we had been completely removed from the map, no where to be found.

We are an ecommerce site so it has been particularly devastating, we have at this point lost 80% of our business in 2 months. I asked in my Google Webmaster tools and they said I had not been manually removed.. So Im guessing it was an algorthim change.. But I cant get any of my key pages to come up in a search.

Im hoping to be able to fix this or at least get some direction as to what I may have done wrong. I have been researching it day and night and I cant seem to get a straight answer. At this point Im wondering if I should just start over with a whole new site, or maybe I could just do a domain name change.

Any insight would be appreciated.

thanks

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,982 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:46 AM

It's impossible to say without a thorough review of your site and analytics, which you really can't get here from the forum, sorry.

Have you read my article

Why SEO in All The Right Places No Longer Works

That may provide you with some clues to your problem.

#3 mrchris

mrchris

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Dec 1 2011, 10:46 AM) View Post
It's impossible to say without a thorough review of your site and analytics, which you really can't get here from the forum, sorry.

Have you read my article
Why SEO in All The Right Places No Longer Works

That may provide you with some clues to your problem.

Thanks for the reply Jill, I hadn't read that until just now. Great article!

I fell like I saw some of myself in it. Its a rather frustrating experience, because like you mentioned I gave them everything they wanted.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,982 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:10 PM

I hope the article might give you some ideas of where to go from here. Think building a brand beyond all else at this point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!