• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Facebook / Twitter - Need Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hichem

Hichem

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

Hi ...

so I made a new website that is in the same niche of one other website of mine.

I made it to target other keywords and to use different approach towards visitors .. I mean it's necessary to build this new website and not just add some new pages to the other old one

The two websites have the same audience of course ..

The old website, has a good facebook and Twitter accounts with thousands of fans and followers.

I read recently that Bing and Google look at the website popularity in twitter and facebook, and even consider the number and quality of followers fans in the account linked to that website (I don't remember well, but I think it's danny sullivan, anyway it's a trusted info)

What I want to know is, how deos google and bing determine which website has which account ? is it from the fields "website URL" in twitter and facebook accounts ?

I want to know this for a reason, I don't know if I must launch new facebook and twitter accounts for the new website or just use the old ones to promote both websites ..

the problem is if I create new accounts, technically I'll be posting the same content in both accounts .. and it will be better to keep the posting in one place ..

I don't know if you understand my problem here, I know my English sucks but I think I made it a little bit clear ..

Any thoughts, advice, solutions are welcomed!
Regards.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

I read recently that Bing and Google look at the website popularity in twitter and facebook, and even consider the number and quality of followers fans in the account linked to that website (I don't remember well, but I think it's danny sullivan, anyway it's a trusted info)

What I want to know is, how deos google and bing determine which website has which account ? is it from the fields "website URL" in twitter and facebook accounts ?

They don't. I think you must have misunderstood.

It's not about how many fans or followers a website has, but the mentions (by way of shares, tweets, etc.) that they're getting from others.

And even that works more by making a difference what people will see in the Google search results when they're logged in. Google will show them first information that was provided by their followers on their various networks. So this ends up personalizing the search results. The rest of the world won't see the same results, because they're not logged in as you and don't have the same friends.

Results when not logged in, are much less effected by what happens in social media.

#3 Hichem

Hichem

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

You are right, I didn't pay attention the first time I read the article ..

here it is by the way , very interesting

http://searchenginel...lly-count-55389

Thanks Jill.

QUOTE(Jill @ Nov 8 2011, 03:27 PM) View Post
They don't. I think you must have misunderstood.

It's not about how many fans or followers a website has, but the mentions (by way of shares, tweets, etc.) that they're getting from others.

And even that works more by making a difference what people will see in the Google search results when they're logged in. Google will show them first information that was provided by their followers on their various networks. So this ends up personalizing the search results. The rest of the world won't see the same results, because they're not logged in as you and don't have the same friends.

Results when not logged in, are much less effected by what happens in social media.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!