• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Duplicate Content Maybe ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hichem

Hichem

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:03 AM

Hi ...

so I have a high quality niche website .. the content is truly amazing and I put time and effort into it ..

lately, I have been approached by an authority news website (have like 5,000 people online at the same time) , and they want to include my website RSS feed into their website .. so I'll be like a contributor ..

I accepted, and two posts that wnt live yesterday in my website were immediately showing in the news website ..

so I'm guessing the posts will be indexed in their website first ..

Sure, there is a link to my website in the bottom of the articles, but I'm not sure that Google will understand that the content is mine ..

what do you think ?

(you may ask me why I'm publishing in that news website if I'm worried, but it forwards some traffic to my website)

any thoughts ? thanks

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,004 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:52 AM

Is there any way that you can provide them with a feed that only shows some of the article and then they have to click over to your site to read the entire thing?

#3 Hichem

Hichem

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:57 AM

I can do that of course .. I can syndicate only a part of the article .. But I don't think it will be okay for them ..

Does that mean that the current situation can make me some issues with Google ?

QUOTE(Jill @ Nov 5 2011, 08:52 AM) View Post
Is there any way that you can provide them with a feed that only shows some of the article and then they have to click over to your site to read the entire thing?

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,004 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

Well the only issue could be that the other site shows up before yours for a relevant search. It's not necessarily a problem though.

#5 Hichem

Hichem

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

I checked some serp checkers for article title and my website shows in the first position ..

Actually I don't think it's an issue .. since any new post is almost immediately indexed ..

But I'll keep an eye on this .. who knows !

Thanks for helping Jill
Regards.

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,004 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

No problem. You may want to also read the article I just mentioned in the other dupe content thread:

No Duplicate Content Penalty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!