• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Do You Need Specific Seo For Google Local?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mikehende

mikehende

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:14 PM

Some are saying that if you can get a site on the first page on Google National that this will automatically place you on the first page on Google local, is this correct? They are saying then it would be a waste of money to pay for SEO specifically to be placed on google local first page?

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:26 AM

Some are saying that if you can get a site on the first page on Google National that this will automatically place you on the first page on Google local, is this correct?

I think you can safely ignore those "some" as being "experts" spouting their usual brand of clueless and useless crap!!!!

Being first page for YOU doesn't mean that it is "first page" for anybody else running the same query never mind any other "Search mode"

#3 mikehende

mikehende

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:42 AM

Well, what I'd like to know if is I hire someone to do SEO for me on Google National, will it be worthwhile to hire another person who specializes in local SEO?

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,004 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:36 AM

What is Google National?

#5 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

Well, I can't speak for the original poster or "some" experts but I would guess that "Google National" refers to the search results you see when you set your location to "United States" or some other country name.

I do this for my own personal searches. I agree with Chris' assessment of the value of getting such a ranking with respect to assisting in local search (or any other kind of search). The search engines are managing each query's results on the basis of the queries and their data. They're not saying, "Hey, Site X ranks well for this 'national' query so we'll inject it into this 'local' query."

Mike Blumenthal is one of the true leading experts (in my opinion) on SEO for local search. His blog is filled with tons of informative articles. Of course, I think he'll be the first to agree he doesn't have all the answers, either, but I've often turn to his articles for insight into Local search. Your mileage may vary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!