• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Use Existing Website Or Create New One(s) ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shera1

shera1

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:15 PM

Hi- I have a dilemma. I have a popular website related to crafts. I earn money from affiliate sales, advertising, adsense, etc. and have a large newsletter database, I offer free goodies, tutorials, contests, etc. and I am fairly well known in my niche.
I have been approached to sell a related product and it makes sense for me to do it. I would be one of the few people in Canada that can offer however I am not limited to selling in Canada - can easily sell online in US and Internationally. ( there is drop ship program in both Canada and US)
Here is my dilemma:
Do I convert existing website that all ready earns me decent money to an online store and drop the advertising? ( I have pretty much dismissed this idea)
Do I create a separate site that is offshoot of the site- no advertising etc, similar name,logo that capitalizes on my existing name AND have a portal of entry that is
is something like CANADIAN CUSTOMERS HERE | US and INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS HERE

OR

Two totally different sites- one the emphasizes that I am Canada and in Canada selling to Canadians and then a more generic one for Us and International customers?

OR Canadian one that is aligned with my original site and separate US one?

It would be easier from SEO standpoint to have the one site for both countries but then I lose what makes me different. I could emphasize that I am Canadian in the Canadian side of site but not sure if that would hurt US sales - why would American buy from a Canadian if they can by from US seller OR is my name enough ti make the sale?
Very difficult to relay all the different angles but hopefully get the idea.

Appreciate any ideas and input!
Thanks,
Lisa

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:55 PM

It's more a business issue than an SEO one. But you might want to just use a subdomain of your existing site for the new site since it sounds like they're similar themes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!