• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Links From Squidoo

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Hichem

Hichem

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

Hi

quick question

do you think links from squidoo lenses have good impact ?

thanks

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,929 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:48 PM

No.

#3 OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy

Work is Fun

• 4,713 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:50 PM

They are dofollow, but more importantly they can rank and drive traffic, QUALITY traffic to your site. Link for traffic, with everything else as a bonus, is always the best road to take.

#4 Hichem

Hichem

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:46 AM

Yes, it's true ..
I'm already seeing traffic from squidoo ..

But SEO speaking, do you think building some links to the squidoo lens itself will make a link from the lens worth something ?

Thanks

QUOTE(OldWelshGuy @ Oct 23 2011, 04:50 PM) View Post
They are dofollow, but more importantly they can rank and drive traffic, QUALITY traffic to your site. Link for traffic, with everything else as a bonus, is always the best road to take.

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,929 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:37 AM

But SEO speaking, do you think building some links to the squidoo lens itself will make a link from the lens worth something ?

There's no such thing as strictly SEO speaking. If it brings you targeted traffic it's good. If not, who knows? It probably won't hurt, which is about all one could say.

#6 OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy

Work is Fun

• 4,713 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:47 AM

you are getting traffic, which is why you want to rank, so if the link helps for SEO, then boinus smile.gif

#7 dannyb

dannyb

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

I would say, if you have a content rich squidoo lens with a high page rank that has attracted a lot of natural links, it would be a good link.

But a squidoo lens that's slapped up quick with little content and no links is relatively worthless.

#8 LewisSellers

LewisSellers

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(dannyb @ Nov 27 2011, 09:00 PM) View Post
I would say, if you have a content rich squidoo lens with a high page rank that has attracted a lot of natural links, it would be a good link.

But a squidoo lens that's slapped up quick with little content and no links is relatively worthless.

I would completely agree with that. The Squidoo page will only be as good as the content entered in on it. If you spend time optimising the page and writing high quality content, adding relevant content that people are interested in and building it up to be a very good page, then ultimately you'll get links back to your site. If you don't get the traffic through, atleast you'll get a back link. If you keep your content unique and build some nice links back, then hopefully it'll be a good one!

#9 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,848 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:03 AM

The Squidoo page will only be as good as the content entered in on it. If you spend time optimising the page and writing high quality content,

So why not spend the same time creating the same "high quality" on your own website and get FIRST HAND links rather than second or third hand ones???

#10 LewisSellers

LewisSellers

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:15 AM

Yeah, a very good point. I agree with that side too!

In my opinion, I'd say a good mix of this helps. From my own experience, I would say that you have to have good high quality content on your website, but then you also have to have high quality links pointing back at it. I realise Link building isn't everything, but from my own work over the past few years, It does have a massive impact. From 3 or 4 high quality articles, you can move up rapidly in the search engine.

I guess you hope that when you write high quality content on your own website, people will link to it. Depending on the sector you're in, that's not always feasible so you have to build up links from somewhere else. For example, If you're selling something obscure like 'self levelling plant pots' (very obscure example, I know!), you're unlikely to get many websites linking back no matter how good your content is... Those links then have to be built up by other high quality articles that you are most likely going to have to create.....

That's just my own opinion based on work I've done over the past few years... I personally think Good copy on your own site along with high quality links from other sites = a winning strategy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!