• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Free Drinks!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hyperformance

Hyperformance

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:37 AM

(screaming) FREE drinks for everyone!

Hey Jill, Ladies, Gentlemen, - I would list all your names but I am sure I forgot some...

I wanted to say hey after a number of years, and tell you how awesome I think you are all doing. Where I have not been in the forum in years, I have continued to receive your Newsletters and Articles. Jill, you and the people you have surrounded yourself with continue to shine in all aspects that you cover. I wanted to write a couple weeks ago after a particularly good issue (I know it included an article from Karon too on using negative keywords successfully or something?)

Anyway, you guys have obviously all kept up and expanded your areas of expertise (clearly), and I had to come back and tell you all so. The professionalism, the knowledge, the humor, and most importantly, the passion. It is clear in what you do, how you do it, and the track record it leaves. But even the passion in Family and Life has been clear and I'm sure is enjoyed by all...

Sure, I could have just sent you an email and told you what I think, but what FUN would that be? Everyone needs to take a break once in a while... So this visit was not just to praise you, but to also buy you a drink on this fine Friday - And remember all that I learned from all of you - Keep up what you were meant to be!

Good to see you all again,

- Scott

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,012 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

Wow, Scott, seeing you here is quite a blast from the past!

Thanks for stopping by, as well as the great kudos. While the forum is a bit slower than in the old days, we do still try to help. Unfortunately, most of the people who register here are just spammers who I have to delete, but you won't find a lick of spam here, so it's worth it!

The newsletter is a different story and is still very popular. I'm always keeping up with the latest in the search engine and SEO world, so it's been fun to keep writing it every other week. I do sometimes find myself getting bored with SEO, but then Google comes up with something cool, like Real Time Analytics, and I get interested all over again!

Anyway, thanks for visiting. What are you up to these days?

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

Hey, Scott -- good to see you around these parts! smile.gif

And thanks for the virtual round of drinks! cheers.gif

Jill, isn't Real Time Analytics cool? Almost hypnotic. I find myself sitting here for waaay too long just staring at the stats updating. eek.gif

--Torka mf_prop.gif

#4 Hyperformance

Hyperformance

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

Well, to be quick - (LOL)

I have tried to be semi-retired... I married Jill (not JILL) and bought a small farm in SC. I stay active in affiliate marketing and have spent some time being 'anonymous' and 'occupying' anywhere I go. Fifty two now and still feeling righteous -

Real-time Analytics... Stop, please Stop, I have to go feed the chickens...

- S

#5 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,628 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

I haven't tried out the real-time stuff on GA yet, but when I was just getting started all those eons ago I installed a live stats program on one of my sites. It didn't do much, but every time the site got a new visitor it would beep. I'd be sitting at my desk at my office job (this is back before I started freelancing) and every time I heard a beep I'd pop up the browser window I'd been keeping minimized (this is also back before tabbed browsing) and marvel at my traffic.

Vodka tonic for me, please.

#6 The_Bartender

The_Bartender

Coach

• 0 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:06 AM

So it looks like I have to work today? What's up with that....

whistling.gif

juggle.gif whopper.gif coke.gif eat.gif pepsi.gif cheers.gif tea.gif stout.gif stiffdrink.gif oj.gif crisps.gif bubbly.gif ale.gif

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,012 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:21 AM

Ernie...just shut up and pour...

#8 Hyperformance

Hyperformance

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:21 AM

Hey Ernie - I'll have a cold Pepsi please...
(You look like Ron Pauls brother...LOL) - Could be all the Pepsi too.

Could you get my friends a drink too? Qwerty had a hard day, make his a double Vodka (with ice), and skip the tonic Sir!

And, you probably know what Jill is drinking... I've heard she is a regular over here?

Maybe next time I'll have you over for some fresh breakfast - You too Ernie - I heard you do a mean juice!

(Raises his glass) I hope you guys have all had a great weekend - Here's to the Fourth Quarter!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!