• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

E-commerce Ppc People: Product Targets In Separate Adwords Campaign?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DJKay

DJKay

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:09 PM

Our merchant center account is updated and serving data correctly (all set with new requirements). I enabled ad extensions, want to do product targets. We canít enable product targets because we are using Conversion Optimizer (CPA) and having good results with it, donít want to change it. You need to use CPC in order to do product targets.

Google rep said we could just set up a campaign only for product targets and it would obviously have CPC bidding. What do you think? I asked the Google rep if we would not then be competing against ourselves and he said we are not competing against ourselves because we are really bidding at the adgroup level and product targets are not based on the keyword auction normally associated with PPC and in our case CPA.

It seems like alot of extra work and I am not sure if its worth it..anybody done this? Thoughts/input appreciated.

Thanks,

DJKay

#2 OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy

Work is Fun

• 4,713 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:37 AM

The simple way is to try it out, and if you notice an increase in your existing phrase spend, then cut it loose (unless the ROI is well worth it).

#3 DJKay

DJKay

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

Yes, I did and had it set. I will report back. Thanks, DJKay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,