• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Which Keyword Am I Indexed For ?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Kolmir

Kolmir

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:36 AM

Hello,
I would like to know if there is a way to know which keywords is my website currently indexed for, and if possible the rank for each of these keywords.

Thanks ! smile.gif

#2 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 9

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:06 PM

Your search referral data tells you which active keywords (keywords on which people are searching) where your site can be found.

Google's referral data will including a ranking indicator about 2/3 of the time. It will not be consistent as rankings can fluctuate often.

#3 Kolmir

Kolmir

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:31 PM

What search referral data ? Google Analytics ? Because if so, I can only see the keywords which where searched when people came to my website, not all the keywords where my website can be found... Also, it doesn't talk about my rank at all.

Thanks

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,774 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

Check your Google Webmaster Tools account. You can also merge those now under the Search Engine Optimization tab in Google Analytics.

#5 Kolmir

Kolmir

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

Weird, seems like the Webmaster tools doesn't like me much... It's set as "No data available" everywhere ><

It might have a link with why my website title - description on Google search result doesn't match with the new values I've added to my website ?

Guess patience is the key here ?

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,774 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

Did you just sign up for GWMT? It takes a few days or more to get results.

But that's going to be your best bet.

If you're still not seeing anything, you likely don't have much to see.

#7 Kolmir

Kolmir

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

I registered my domain last week and I signed up for Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools during the week... Google Analytics already caught some data from my website though.

#8 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,438 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:46 AM

I registered my domain last week
Good Grief! DNS hasn't had chance to fully propagate yet, never mind being indexed by search engines.

Wait until you have been promoting your pages for a few months then start looking.

#9 Kolmir

Kolmir

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE(chrishirst @ Oct 9 2011, 09:46 AM) View Post
Good Grief! DNS hasn't had chance to fully propagate yet, never mind being indexed by search engines.

Wait until you have been promoting your pages for a few months then start looking.

Hmmm... Well I took a look this morning and my website seems to be on Yahoo, Bing and Google now (lucky? biggrin.gif). However, for some reason Google doesn't show my website correct title if I do a research directly of my website domain name (for example, highrankings). But, if I do a research with keywords in my website title, the title appears correctly =/

I looked at my google webmaster tools, everything is there, however for some reasons it shows only keywords related to forums and not to my website subject =/

Since my website is a forum, I guess it means I need more posts/content to get the result I wish ?

Thanks !

#10 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,438 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:59 AM

I guess it means I need more posts/content to get the result I wish ?
Nope!

I looked at my google webmaster tools, everything is there, however for some reasons it shows only keywords related to forums and not to my website subject =/
Yes there is. Your website is new

It can take several weeks for all of Google's datacentres (several dozen), Google's server clusters, (several dozen per datacentre), Googles individual database servers ( several dozen per cluster) to all be synchronised (if they ever are), and your query could be routed to any server, in any cluster, in any datacehtre each time you perform a query

Have patience and do something useful in promoting your pages instead of doing pointless things like "rank checking".

#11 Kolmir

Kolmir

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE(chrishirst @ Oct 11 2011, 09:59 AM) View Post
Nope!
Yes there is. Your website is new

It can take several weeks for all of Google's datacentres (several dozen), Google's server clusters, (several dozen per datacentre), Googles individual database servers ( several dozen per cluster) to all be synchronised (if they ever are), and your query could be routed to any server, in any cluster, in any datacehtre each time you perform a query
Have patience and do something useful in promoting your pages instead of doing pointless things like "rank checking".

Can't do much promotion while I am at the work office to be honest... My website category is blocked (Gaming) so looking at my website results is pretty much all I can do while waiting for my boss to tell me if I can continue the work or not -.-

However, if you have some great ideas about how I could promote my page without going on any website related to my field, I'm truly interested! smile.gif

So far, I'm working like this: Content + Promotion = at home, Project management + SEO = at work, during the waiting phases.

smile.gif

#12 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,774 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:21 AM

Have you read our Tips for Newbies?

#13 Kolmir

Kolmir

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Oct 11 2011, 10:21 AM) View Post

I did, however I must admit I do not recall all of it (read it like 1-2 months ago), also, it is harder to focus on learning and trusting an article wrote in 2004 than something wrote now wink1.gif

#14 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,774 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:35 AM

There are links to all the latest articles there (from 2011). But the older articles still also provide the fundamentals you need as that doesn't go out of date.

You may have looked at the thread before I added the newer links, so please do take another look.

#15 Kolmir

Kolmir

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Oct 11 2011, 10:35 AM) View Post
There are links to all the latest articles there (from 2011). But the older articles still also provide the fundamentals you need as that doesn't go out of date.

You may have looked at the thread before I added the newer links, so please do take another look.

Just saw that there has been some modifications done after I read the topic, I will read these again and come back if I have more questions, thanks a lot smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!