• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Google Merchant Center

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 digsart

digsart

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:29 AM

Anyone have experience with Google Merchant Center? We are suddenly noticing that a competitor is coming up in the shopping results for a product brand name. This is very odd because 1) The brand name is not part of the content for the product and 2) They are ranking number one over my client. In addition, we notice they are coming up for the more generic term across the board, i.e. only their results are showing. All this has happening in the last two weeks and they were not showing up before at all. Just wondering if Google is making some changes that might be affecting results. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,984 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:47 AM

May have nothing to do with it, but I just saw this article on Trusted Stores which is a new thing Google is doing with their Merchant Center.

Could they be part of that?

#3 LewisSellers

LewisSellers

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

As far as I'm aware, Google Trusted stores is only available in the USA.

It could just be that Google thinks their content is better or they have submitted more details than your client? Google loves content, their merchant centre has many optional fields that can be filled in...

I'd probably recommend contacting Google regarding that, we've had a few issues with Google Merchant Centre (a few years ago when it was 'Google Base') but they were very helpful at telling us why things were how they were...

Hope that helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!