• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Dmoz Policy For Business With Multiple Locations

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dsutton

dsutton

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:42 PM

This may be a noob question, but I can't seem to find the information so I'm asking here.

If my business has separate physical locations around the US, can I add an entry for each on DMOZ, or am I limited to one? Each location has its own unique page on the main website, as well as its own physical address and phone number.

What's the best way to approach this on dmoz?

Thanks for the help.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,011 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

Only one entry on DMOZ I believe. But don't sweat it. DMOZ is really no big deal these days.

You should do different Google Places pages for them. That is something that will actually be worth your time.

#3 dsutton

dsutton

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

Thanks, Jill. I won't invest much time in DMOZ then.

I have spent quite a bit of time with their Google Places listings, and so far, so good. Still not great in some locales, but in others, there's a lot of traffic. Still have a lot to figure out with respect to understanding the correlation between the keywords and other listing details and how it gets ranked for specific searches.

It's getting there though...

QUOTE(Jill @ Sep 7 2011, 05:44 PM) View Post
Only one entry on DMOZ I believe. But don't sweat it. DMOZ is really no big deal these days.

You should do different Google Places pages for them. That is something that will actually be worth your time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!