• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Site-structure: Underlying Pages Necassary?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gebruiker4000

Gebruiker4000

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

Question about site structure.

If you want to rank for a particular search term, but that search term is somewhat competitive,
is it necessary/advisable/better to add pages to the page you want to rank for in order to increase the value and/or ranking (maybe?)
of the page with search term you want to rank for (which is competitive).

Let say (this is just an example) I want to rank for "car insurance + [city here]" - can I rank on this term with only one page,
but a lot of good, strong backlinks, or is it better to add pages to this page I would like to rank with? Does that increase the rankings of value of the above main page,
even without more backlinks to it? In other words, is it easier to rank that way?

A lot of times I see websites which hang a lot of pages under a specific page with a focus search term which it is hard(er) to rank for,
but I can't see any benefit here, other than, if the underlying pages get some backlinks, it would push the above page (with the hard search term)
up in the rankings.

Please advice me.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:23 AM

There is no one way that is better than any other. You should create whatever pages you need to make your site best for the people that visit it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!