• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Quality Score Optimization

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 em585online

em585online

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:41 AM

Hi Everyone,

First up, let me just say I'm an absolute newcomer to this forum so please be gentle!!

Secondly, just want to say that whatever you reply will be part of an Uni assignment I have to hand in shortly.

Now to the point, I'm running a little AdWords campaign for Uni and obviously this is the very first time I've been exposed to Google AdWords.

We have come up with some key words using the keywords tool and our campaign is up and running.

Google has rated 17 of our keywords a 7/10 and 9 of our Keywords a 6/10.

What I'm trying to find out is if anyone has got any tips on how to optimize these keywords and get a 9 or 10 out of 10.

I don't really understand how it all works but I'm under the impression that if we can optimize the Keywords we will be more relevant to the viewers/Google and hopefully pay less for our ads to be displayed/clicked.

We have an extremely modest budget of roughly $2 per day so we need all the help we can get!!!

Thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers,

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,877 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:20 PM

I've edited the title of your topic since it sounds like you're looking for information on quality score, not keywords.

Here's a great, comprehensive article that just came out on Quality Score Optimization which should have all the info you need. There's a section devoted to Keyword-Level Quality Score.

Good luck!

#3 em585online

em585online

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

Hi Jill,

Thank you for the info and you're absolutely right, I was after quality score optimization.

As I mentioned before we have an extremely limited budget of $2 per day (or $50 for a 3 week period which the campaign will run for)!!

Google default cost per click for our little campaing is as high as $0.85 per click which really means we can only get a handfull of clicks per day...

Would you have any other tips on what we can do to lower our cost per click?

Our campaign will only run for another 2 weeks. Would it make sense to try to increase the daily budget now (say $5 per day) and then lower it at the end of the campaing (say $1 per day)?

Would it make sense to pause the 6/10 keywords/adgroups and only run the higher 7/10 scored ones?

Cheers,

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

I have done relatively little PPC but I don't think I've ever seen a quality score of 9 or 10.

#5 davidbrett

davidbrett

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE(Michael Martinez @ Sep 13 2011, 11:46 AM) View Post
I have done relatively little PPC but I don't think I've ever seen a quality score of 9 or 10.

I would agree with that. Based on what I have seen a Quality Score of 6 or 7 is quite good.

#6 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,708 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:13 AM

Eight is the maximum QS you can achieve based on the content and ad matching the words or phrase, any QS above that comes from CTR and historical ad data.

http://adwords.googl...mp;answer=10215

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!