• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Best Way To Deal With Repeating Phrase In Two Different Key Words

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 abreathof

abreathof

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

I'll start by saying I know that the most important thing in wriiting content is to focus on the reader -- not the Keywords.
But I've got great keywords that have repeating phrases, which could make for awkward writing if they are used together.

Here's the construction of the two keywords:
"Adjective1 Adjective2 Noun1 in Northern California"
"Adjective1 Adjective2 Noun1 in Southern California".

Basically the only difference are the words Northern and Southern. Both are equally important to me. Together they truly describe the purpose for the site. And they are both keyword "gems" in a very competitive field.

I'd like to use them both in my title (and other places). Does it look like keyword stuffing to have all of those words repeated 2x in the title, with the only difference being Northern and Southern? I'll probably only be able to use each phrase once or twice max in the content per page, since they are so long and repetitive that they will sound odd to the reader if I keep repeating, especially given their similarity.

I do seem to remember Jill saying that most people don't search with quotes (of course, i do ;-).
So does this mean that the title:
"Adjective 1 Adjective 2 Noun1 in Northern California and Southern California" would garner the same results for most "non-quote" searchers?

I appreciate all tips on how to keep the writing natural and "human", while still reaping the benefits of these two keyword gems.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 9

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:44 PM

You don't need to use either expression in your title. If you use them appropriately and with adequate emphasis on your page, you can still achieve the rankings you would like to have without cramming a lot of text into your page title.

That title should be describing what is on the page. Yes, you want to include terms people use to search for content like yours if possible, but most Web pages are relevant to dozens, sometimes hundreds or even thousands of queries. You can't stuff all those terms into a title.

#3 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:22 AM

Without knowing the exact phrase, it would be hard to give you specific suggestions. But generally speaking I like to put something enticing for humans and also a keyphrase or two (if there's room).

Enticing Words Adjective 1 Adjective 2 Noun1 in Northern California and Southern California

Of course, it all depends on what those adjectives and nouns are smile.gif

You can shorten this to:

Adjective 1 Adjective 2 Noun1 in Northern & Southern California

That puts just 1 word difference between the two phrases (Northern or Southern).

In the copy, break the phrase up. Engines don't pay any attention to basic punctuation. You could easily do:

Adjective 1 Adjective 2 Noun1.
In Northern California you'll find lots of beautiful scenery, etc., etc.

Again, depends on the adjectives and nouns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!