• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

What Would You Look For In A Link-building Site?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ganalon

ganalon

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:49 PM

Hi Folks,

If you were evaluating various link-building sites, what features would be important to you? Two that spring to mind are ease of use and cost.

Perhaps more importantly, what aspects would be red-flags that would cause you to avoid a particular link-building site?

Thanks!

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,006 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:28 PM

What do you mean by a link building site?

#3 ganalon

ganalon

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Aug 20 2011, 03:28 PM) View Post
What do you mean by a link building site?

The closest example is DMOZ, another example is Yahoo! Directory. DMOZ is free but slow (I submitted a site over a year ago and it still hasn't been reviewed.) Yahoo! Directory is expensive $299 up front and $299 per year.

I'm thinking there might be a market for free and fast directory service. Sites, particularly smaller, newer sites would use it as a link-building mechanism. Other users would use it as a directory service to find sites (an alternative to search). Ultimately users would be able to rank sites.

That's the basic concept. I'm wondering from an SEM/SEO perspective (of website owners), what they would consider desirable (and/or undesirable) in such a site.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,006 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:31 AM

Directories arent link building sites. They exist to provide organized info to people. Any directory which exists for Lin k building purposes will fail for sure because it has the wrong goal in mind.

#5 ganalon

ganalon

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Aug 21 2011, 07:31 AM) View Post
Directories arent link building sites. They exist to provide organized info to people. Any directory which exists for Lin k building purposes will fail for sure because it has the wrong goal in mind.

Thanks Jill! goodjob.gif I think I understand the distinction now. I have concepts in my head about organizing and ranking site data, but am still learning the SEM/SEO lingo. Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!