• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Best Way To Get Backlinks

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(Davolfan @ Nov 11 2011, 06:10 AM) View Post
I agree with you, the amount and quality of backlinks far outweigh the fresh content. Getting links from many different web 2.0 properties is the solution, some articles, some blogs, some social bookmarking, etc...
A little bit of diversity will go a long way, you just need patience.

That's not really what I was saying. It's SUB-optimal to focus on a narrow set of highly competitive keywords.

#17 Babylon22

Babylon22

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(Michael Martinez @ Nov 11 2011, 03:08 PM) View Post
That's not really what I was saying. It's SUB-optimal to focus on a narrow set of highly competitive keywords.

I wrote and submitted quite a few articles to Ezine and Article Base, containg links to my keywords and I submitted to numerous directories. I also issued a few coupons and my links to the coupon sites popped up on the first page when I searched for my site's name. But what impressed me the most was the amount of traffic I got to my website after I started bookmarking my links on Reddit and Stumble upon. After bookmarking my site's links on these two directories, I woke up to a double traffic to my website, which totaly caught me surprise. I'm not sure the links are do-follow, but the traffic was impressive.

Edited by Jill, 13 November 2011 - 09:59 AM.
Removed name of the site

#18 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

Have you actually read the discussions in this forum or any of Jill's newsletters? I get the strong impression you're just here to drop the name of your site.

#19 gulfseo

gulfseo

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:13 AM

I used tumblr blogs to create dofollow and one-way backlinks my making account on tumblr and putting my keyword instead of my tumblr home page.

#20 thomasr

thomasr

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

Web 2.0
Squidoo
Hubpages
Guest Posting
Youtube videos
Furniture Reviews
Coupons

There are tons of great link building opportunities

Publish new, unique, interesting content every day; make sure the search engines are crawling your content and indexing it; and be patient.

I am not a big fan of this line of thinking. Lets say you publish the most interesting article on Antique Furniture....how is anyone ever going to find it thus link to it? I mean your post will get lost in a sea of websites that have the first couple of pages on Google locked down!

#21 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

I am not a big fan of this line of thinking. Lets say you publish the most interesting article on Antique Furniture....how is anyone ever going to find it thus link to it? I mean your post will get lost in a sea of websites that have the first couple of pages on Google locked down!

You're thinking in a very linear fashion, assuming an article would only be visible for a small number of expressions that YOU have researched. In reality any well-written article will attract a fair amount of traffic for expressions you never thought were important.

Do this with 1 article and you'll get some visitors.

Do this with 1 article a day and you'll get more visitors and some links.

Do this with well-written articles 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year and you'll never HAVE to wonder what you'll do for links again.

As long as you obsess about links the quality of your content will be sub-par. Search is first and foremost about CONTENT (and always has been). Therefore search optimization must be first and foremost about CONTENT (and always has been).

Really bad SEO strategies focus on links (and always have).
  • Jill likes this

#22 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,584 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

I am not a big fan of this line of thinking. Lets say you publish the most interesting article on Antique Furniture....how is anyone ever going to find it thus link to it?

Uhm... because you mention the article a few times in your Twitter stream, and you post a link to it on your Facebook wall and share it with your Google+ circles (at least those of them that are appropriate audiences for the article) and you submit it to Stumbleupon and pin the article's accompanying photo of an antique mahogany chifferobe to Pinterest and so on and so forth? Oh, and you offer an RSS feed visitors can subscribe to either through a reader or through email (which turns your content updates into sort of a mini-newsletter and -- if the content is good and contains a strong call to action or two -- brings people to your site to find out more).

Seems to me a lot of people forget the "marketing" part of "content marketing" doesn't just mean using content to market your business... it also means (at least at first) you need to market the content itself.

You'll have to do most of the heavy lifting at first, but if you're patient (and offer truly and honestly interesting, informative, entertaining and engaging content) before too long, your readers will be stepping up to the plate and sharing your latest update with their networks without any intervention on your part. Which gives you more reliable distribution and greater credibility for your content than organic search results will ever do. (And, interestingly, all that social validation can in turn help you in organic search as well.)

Just like any other legitimate marketing technique, content/article marketing is not a quick fix. But, implemented correctly and applied consistently over time, it has great potential for strong, long-term results.

My :02: adjusted for inflation.

--Torka :propeller:

Edited by torka, 04 April 2012 - 09:47 AM.

• Jill likes this

#23 FrescoCreative2

FrescoCreative2

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:03 AM

Hi everybody,

What is the best way and possible number of ways to get backlinks without defying search engine guideline?

Thanks

From a number of E-commerce websites I work on, since the Panda update, we have been doing more internal link building of high value and very specific, calculated external link building. We have literally cut down directory submissions to 10% of our monthly activity and done more via article submissions and social bookmarking.

All the directory submissions have had to be highly relevant. Likewise, there has to be so much more thought and research prior to making to submissions. A good way to think about which links to submit is to look at the leading websites and how they go about their link building.

#24 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,911 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:13 AM

From a number of E-commerce websites I work on, since the Panda update, we have been doing more internal link building of high value and very specific, calculated external link building. We have literally cut down directory submissions to 10% of our monthly activity and done more via article submissions and social bookmarking.

I would say that all of those things are bad to do at this point.

#25 terrih

terrih

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:32 AM

Hi Parth, I used to work for an online furniture company. The best traffic we got was from doing a deal with Groupon. It's not easy getting people to link to furniture (it is pretty boring). Some of the highest quality links we got were from doing press releases with prweb.

#26 Janeth

Janeth

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

Hi Parth, I used to work for an online furniture company. The best traffic we got was from doing a deal with Groupon. It's not easy getting people to link to furniture (it is pretty boring). Some of the highest quality links we got were from doing press releases with prweb.

I've got a pinterest account full of furniture. It's your job to tell a story about your product that makes me want to link to it. Spend some time on pinterest and twitter, these are great tools for figuring out unique ways to tell your story.

I bought a chair from a company 10 years ago online because they showed pictures of people with messed backs. They scared me into buying their product. They told a good story about a boring product that got me to take action.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!