• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Best Way To Get Backlinks

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Santosh

Santosh

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:57 AM

Hi everybody,

What is the best way and possible number of ways to get backlinks without defying search engine guideline?

Thanks

#2 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:08 AM

Make sure your site has fresh, interesting and relevant content that other sites will want to link to.

• Sarah likes this

#3 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:24 PM

Publish new, unique, interesting content every day; make sure the search engines are crawling your content and indexing it; and be patient.
  • Sarah likes this

#4 piskie

piskie

HR 7

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

For many, patience is a non renewable resource that has to be conserved.

#5 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE(piskie @ Aug 19 2011, 05:41 PM) View Post
For many, patience is a non renewable resource that has to be conserved.

Perhaps, but IMpatience tends to be more expensive in search marketing than most people can afford.

#6 Khurri

Khurri

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:27 PM

Hi

First let me know what is your website about, then I can give you super simple link building idea!

Thanks

Khurram

#7 Santosh

Santosh

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:37 AM

@Khurram My site is about office furniture like 'a boards' 'noticeboards' etc.I am desperately waiting for super simple link building idea.

Thanks
Parth

#8 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE(parth @ Aug 22 2011, 11:37 PM) View Post
@Khurram My site is about office furniture like 'a boards' 'noticeboards' etc.I am desperately waiting for super simple link building idea.

Thanks
Parth

I'm not Khurram nor do I play him (her?) on TV, but here's a tip:

Write some really helpful articles that show small businesses how to acquire and maintain high quality office furniture for the least amount of investment. Incorporate humor, personal anecdotes, references to different types of businesses, etc.

Be the office furniture expert. One successful mattress Website I know of ran a blog for years answering questions about mattresses. Think of all the more opportunity you have with MANY types of furniture!

#9 Santosh

Santosh

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

Thanks Martinez ,I wanna ask one more thing in how many article sites I can Publish same content or should I post on only one site?

#10 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(parth @ Aug 23 2011, 12:30 PM) View Post
Thanks Martinez ,I wanna ask one more thing in how many article sites I can Publish same content or should I post on only one site?

If it were me (and I do publish articles on multiple sites), I would publish only 1 copy of an article on 1 Website. I have occasionally agreed on a case-by-case basis to allow other people to republish and/or translate some of my articles. However, I strongly believe in the 1-article-1-publication-source philosophy.

#11 Jadee77

Jadee77

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE(Michael Martinez @ Aug 23 2011, 12:27 PM) View Post
I'm not Khurram nor do I play him (her?) on TV, but here's a tip:

Write some really helpful articles that show small businesses how to acquire and maintain high quality office furniture for the least amount of investment. Incorporate humor, personal anecdotes, references to different types of businesses, etc.

Be the office furniture expert. One successful mattress Website I know of ran a blog for years answering questions about mattresses. Think of all the more opportunity you have with MANY types of furniture!

I was just going to add to this that you can sometimes get some of the manufacturers linking to your articles if you talk about their products and let them know about it (especially if it makes them look really good). They might add it to their blog or post it on their site. Just a quick thought.

#12 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE(Jadee77 @ Sep 8 2011, 11:55 AM) View Post
... you can sometimes get some of the manufacturers linking to your articles if you talk about their products and let them know about it ...

I've done that successfully a few times.

I would never mention a product in a web page or blog post purely in the hope of getting a link to it. But if I had good reason to mention it anyway - and especially if the mention was favourable - I might contact the manufacturer and draw their attention to it. I wouldn't specifically ask for a link back to it, but if a link was forthcoming, I would see that as a good outcome.

#13 ulcseminary

ulcseminary

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:42 AM

I hear people talk all the time about how all one needs is 'fresh content' that people will link to.

I have fresh content on my site regularly, as well as updating blogs with fresh content. The people ahead of me in the search engines have almost no updating content (one hasn't been updated literally since 2007) and yet are ahead of me.

So I think it has a lot more to do with high quality backlinks than just content.

I have a PR4. I am active on FB and Twitter, have about 25 youtube videos with regular views, regular newsletters, etc. And yet I'm not going up in the search engines.

So I think getting higher quality links is more important. How does one get high quality links without paying for them?

#14 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(ulcseminary @ Nov 7 2011, 08:42 AM) View Post
I have fresh content on my site regularly, as well as updating blogs with fresh content. The people ahead of me in the search engines have almost no updating content (one hasn't been updated literally since 2007) and yet are ahead of me.

So I think it has a lot more to do with high quality backlinks than just content.

That's a common fallacy. If you're competing with people who are aggressive link builders, the links will eventually outweigh the content because unless you just sit there and pile your keywords into your copy a few hundred times all the anchor text from the inbound links adds up to more algorithmic value than you can create through your copy.

HOWEVER, the other side of that coin is that those people are focusing on a narrow set of keywords and, quite frankly, that's a limited value strategy. You do need links to show the search engines that other sites trust your content but ultimately you'll get better search performance by creating diverse, robust, unique, interesting content.

#15 Davolfan

Davolfan

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:10 AM

I agree with you, the amount and quality of backlinks far outweigh the fresh content. Getting links from many different web 2.0 properties is the solution, some articles, some blogs, some social bookmarking, etc...
A little bit of diversity will go a long way, you just need patience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!