• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Is Anyone Using Article Marketing?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JerryC

JerryC

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:48 PM

Here's the thing...

I've been g-r-i-n-d-i-n-g away at article marketing for over 6 m-o-n-t-h-s using [removed]. .

I take time to create quality content, and there are a LOT of them published €” at least 1,500

The list below (http etc removed from addresses as per [url=http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules]Forum Rules[/url]) gives some examples:
  • articlesnatch.com/Article/Nothing-Enables-You-To-Test-Response-Like-A-Website/2324787
  • bmwhistory.info/marketing/nothing-enables-you-to-test-response-like-a-website
  • showmoneyway.com/archives/35453
  • littlelionbooks.com/graphic-design/graphic-design-or-commercial-art-keeping-your-job-in-perspective
  • theebiz.com/tag/graphic-design-ideas/
I found these examples by searching for content text, so I KNOW they are all indexed by Google. And each article has 2 X back links to my site, one to the home page and the other to a deeper page.

So...

Two questions:

1. How come Majestic, Spyglass or any other tool I use doesn't seem to find these?

And the big question...

2. Are they totally useless as back links and am I wasting my t-i-m-e writing these bloody articles?

I don't mind doing the work. But if it ain't going to help, then I'd weather put my time into something that does get a result.

Any insights you can give would be MOST appreciated!

Thanks!!!

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,883 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:12 AM

It depends if people go to those sites to read the articles, or if others republish them too.

#3 Hichem

Hichem

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:35 PM

from my experience, articles marketing is one of the best techniques to get links ...
but of course, if you focus on creating high (I mean high!) quality content in your own website, it will be better ..

use social networks to promote your contentn and then you will get FREE real links ..

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:13 PM

This is a really inefficient way to acquire value-passing links. Article marketing was perverted by marketers obsessed with links from doing what it should have been doing: creating visibility for great ideas, great sites, and great products and services.

It's these cheap link building practices that have brought so many Websites to ruin. People don't stop to think about the consequences of working around the rules. Eventually that thoughtless pursuit of links catches up with you.

#5 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:17 PM

I've occasionally published articles from people in return for including a couple of links back to their sites. In each case, they were (relatively) high quality articles, and were always directly relevant to my site's content.

But I have to agree with Michael. This must be an inefficient way to acquire links. With all the effort that the authors went to in contacting me, writing the article, supplying photos, and checking my edits, you'd think they'd be better off adding content to their own sites.

Just my EUR0,02 worth.

#6 ulcseminary

ulcseminary

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

I've been doing article marketing for six months or more and a lot of them have been indexed. They show up in my google tools.

Since I started doing that, I moved from #8 back to #7 and now I'm occasionally at #6, but that's not the only thing I'm doing, so I don't know how much it helps. I do know that you get backlinks from them, without a doubt.

People keep talking about adding more material to one's own website. I have at least 100 built-out, unique information pages on my website and at least 2000 original posts on my blog. It's not just about original, quality content. That's all good, but not the only thing. If it were, I'd be #1 for a lot of phrases. I'm optimized for quite a few and have top ten rankings for quite a few, but not #1.

But I'm still plugging away.

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,883 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:44 PM

ulcseminary you may want to take note that rankings are a poor measure of success. You may be seeing 6, 7 or 8, but i might see 12, 25, 1 or nothing.

#8 JerryC

JerryC

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Nov 7 2011, 12:44 PM) View Post
ulcseminary you may want to take note that rankings are a poor measure of success. You may be seeing 6, 7 or 8, but i might see 12, 25, 1 or nothing.

Hi Jill, I read your article from the above link. Thanks for that. Good stuff!!

I agree with your points. All area true. Conversions and sales are what this is REALLY about.

However...

Surely that can only happen if the site is visible and ranking well otherwise , how can you convert people if they aren't there in the first place?

So it would be a tad extreme to toss your ranking software out the window... wouldn't it? (Just sayin')

#9 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,883 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:22 PM

Ranking software is definitely not necessary since it can't tell you where others are seeing your site. A quick spot check for a few phrases, sure.

You should also read my latest article

Why weight loss and rankings are limited goals.

And also sign up for the newsletter while you're there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!