• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

What Is The Best Approach

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kynduvme

kynduvme

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

I was trying to rethink mystrategy for PPC and thought I might try broad match for a change. The idea being that you get more traffic but just prune with negetive words as they come up. Currently I do strictly phrase or exact mathc based on keyword research using multiple tools.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

Is there a question involved with your post?

If it's whether you should try this or not, then sure. It's always a good idea to test anything in Adwords.

#3 kynduvme

kynduvme

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:38 AM

Oh right sorry! I was rambling, the question is; What do you think is a better approach to beginning a PPC campaign; Extensive research of phrase or exact match key words or 4 or 5 general phrases and use broad match to catch whatever related phrases are typed? With broad match you would have to do extensive pruning as you went filling up the negetive list.

#4 LibbyLu

LibbyLu

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

Yes, you do have to monitor it, but as a test it's a great way to start out to see what people are actually using to search for you. You do need to be careful as you can come up for a lot of un-related stuff (but then you can just build up a negative list). Later, you can use the phase and exact match.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!