• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Business Licence Advice

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dwightmccarthy80

dwightmccarthy80

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:53 PM

Hello, I'm new to this forum so please excuse me if this topic has been discussed already.

I created a video game online publication. We started back in February and we average about 30k- 50k views a month. We don't make much money at all, maybe $10-$20 a month so we figured we didn't need a business licence. However many press events requires a Business Licence now. These events can net us a huge amount of views for the month and is great for networking as well.

My Question is how much does it cost to get a business license? Is it not worth it to get a business license at this point? I work out of CA, in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are in talks with a company to run ads before our videos but even then we only expect to make $100 a month if we get the contract. Would I need a Business License if we get this contract?

I am completely new to this because a previous site I ran did not need a business license to get into these events so we never got around to getting one. But if a business license is cheap as easy to obtain than I am willing to spend the money for it if it means being able to get into these events.

Also I should note that the site was created by Myself and one other person who lives in Texas. Does this cause any problems? All financial information is in my name however.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me with this.

Eric

#2 AffiliateClue

AffiliateClue

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

Go to the town clerk at city hall and apply for a d.b.a. certificate. I don't know how much the fee is out there but an educated guess would be somewhere in the range of $25 to $50.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!