• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Banner Ad Rates

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JeremyH

JeremyH

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:29 AM

I'm using a CMS for my latest website and one of its features is its many built in monetization systems, one of which is the ability to sell banner ads. The only problem is I find the default prices completely ridiculous!

The inventory has four spots: Top (468x60), Bottom (728x90), Featured (on the side: 180x150), and Sponsored Links (one of two adsense like text links on the side), all of which can be purchased by the month or per thousand views. What's nice is that you can have your ads show on all the website's pages or limit it to specific sections.

Top: $50.00/month or $50.00/1000
Bottom: $20.00/month or $20.00/1000
Featured: $40.00/month or $40.00/1000
Sponsored Links: $10.00/month or $10.00/1000

How the site works is it doesn't limit ad sells, it just keeps on selling and randomly selects an appropriate ad each time a page is loaded. If ten people purchase a top month spot then each person will have 1/10 of the views in a given month.

Considering my site currently has very little traffic, because of its in exclusive nature, and because I would want to encourage ads focused on appropriate sections, I'm going to try to disable monthly sells. But how should I price my $/1000 rates? No way would I ever spend $50.00 to run a 468x60 banner ad on the top of a website for 1000 views.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!