• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Best Practices For Implementing Brief News In My Site

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 icosa

icosa

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:33 AM

Hello,

We have implemented a box with 5 brief news per day related with our topic on energy . Each short news is about 5-10 lines, and is rewrited from other articles and selected from most revelant news daily and written by an expert analyst.
Clciking on each news is leaving in his own url, which is indexed , but it changes everyday. There is no manner to find all previous news all togehter, there is no historical, they changes every day.So if any user find it on the SERPS it arrives to the appropiate page but is no more available on the site.

Could you advice me on the best practices on this? i mean, should i add a noindex, follow for each news? Should I display an archive or news? Should i complete the page with more information appart from the brief news and the menu? Should I add a source tag?

Since we have implemented this box, i'm loosing a lot of keyword positions and natural traffic. I'm not sure 100% , but i'm strongly feeling this is related with this implementation, (and some issues in our servers didn't help either nah.gif ).

Please, could you give me some advices on this? perhaps i should desactivate this modul as it's creating several pages in the index with very few information?

Thanks for your feedback guys. let me know if i was enought clear or if you have questions.

#2 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:25 AM

If I understand you correctly, you're placing original news snippets rewritten from stories about your industry. They change daily. If for some reason these should end up in the SERPs, a visitor would click to a page that no longer exists. Is that right.

Yes, IMO, you need to block these from being indexed or link them to permanent archived pages.

One problem with what you have is that the current content is dynamic (ever-changing) instead of static (constant). By the time it gets indexed, ranked and positioned in the SERPs, the news has changed. The archived pages would give you copy that remains the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!