• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Seo Across The World

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CARLOJPF

CARLOJPF

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:36 AM

Hi,

I have finished your Lynda video tutorials and came across this site. I am wondering if there is any effect if I will be optimizing a webpage for SEO in a different country. For example if I am in the Philippines and the website that I will optimize for SEO is in the US or other countries.

Thanks in advance
Carlo

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,863 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:48 AM

No, other than your knowledge of any cultural differences in the way people word things.

#3 mcanerin

mcanerin

HR 7

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

Make sure you geolocate your site if possible - it's a relatively easy rankings boost when going international. This can be set in Google webmaster tools if you don't have total control over the domain URL, which is common in SEO for hire work.

If all you are doing is SEO, then it's almost the same - just make sure you use proper local terminology and spellings - tire vs tyre, car hire vs taxi, colour vs color and so on. KW research should be done for that country, not just for general world traffic.

One helpful method is to make sure you do country link building - try to build US links to US sites, Chinese links to Chinese sites, and so on. They don't all have to be from the same country, but try to get as many as possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!