• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Comment Linking And Trackbacks With False Urls

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joshaer

joshaer

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:03 AM

Hey Guys

Since I started blogging regularly, I've noticed an increase in the number of people trying to comment or trackback to my posts using anchor text links and urls that don't actually go anywhere.

I've also had my contact form completed with letter jumbles that make no sense and urls which are gobbledegook and obviously go nowhere. At first, I thought the latter were just people messing around but it's quite clear from the number and the uniformity of the entries that there's more to it than that.

Can anyone tell me what either of these two strategies is hoping to achieve, bearing in mind that I have captcha and moderation on? Is it just people taking an optimistic punt or an automated system gone wrong or something else entirely?

In my attempts to understand what works, I thought it might be an idea to try to grasp what doesn't...

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,989 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:02 PM

Sounds like really dumb spammers. rolleyes.gif

#3 madams

madams

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

"Dumb Spammers"

I get this from time to time. It makes me laugh and takes me .5 of a second to delete the mail with the strange links on.

I guess it's some little Pr*ck in his bedroom thinks he is hacking the White House or something. mf_type.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!