• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

No Movement In The Rankings (why?)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BeGlobal

BeGlobal

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:31 PM

Hi,

I have had a site for quite a while now. It was ranking #7 for my main keyword but suddenly it dropped to #14. The keyword's difficulty would be medium. I have been building A TON of links (from link exchanges). Near 200 good links in 3 weeks period. However the site does not move at all, and its very strange because I rank sites very well, for keywords that are a lot more difficult than that one, with less links.

I wonder if there is something going on with the site, can you please help? the on-site has not changed for a long time and the cache date still shows Jun 16th.

I would appreciate your help.

Carlos.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,675 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:12 AM

I guess the "good" links are not as "good" as you assume. Do they send any useful traffic so your time hasn't been totally wasted?

#3 BeGlobal

BeGlobal

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE(chrishirst @ Jun 27 2011, 06:12 AM) View Post
I guess the "good" links are not as "good" as you assume. Do they send any useful traffic so your time hasn't been totally wasted?

Dear Christ,

Some of the links are not so good indeed, but I am used to get good rankings for other keywords using only a few of them, so this is extremely unusual. Is it possible this has something to do with the site not being cached frequently?.... or maybe this is a penalty? I can send the URL and the keyword if you like?

Thanks in advance!
Carlos

#4 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,675 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:00 AM

or maybe this is a penalty?
Nope! It's simply you relying on things that are no longer effective as a atrategy.

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:20 AM

I have noticed mainly after Panda that sites that mainly got to the first page of Google thru low quality links (comment spam and the like) are often on page 2 of Google now.

Perhaps it's time for a new strategy?

#6 Catz

Catz

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

I have noticed mainly after Panda that sites that mainly got to the first page of Google thru low quality links (comment spam and the like) are often on page 2 of Google now.

That is good to hear, Google is catching up on some of the things that slipped past them at first, and webmasters that devalue those links from the start are helping too.

Every so often they need to come through and sweep up the mess.

This focus on getting a bunch of links into a site as opposed to creating a quality web site that gets a few good links based on it's merit, and a lot of attention from the SE's based on it's content seems so backwards. For a while that was an easy way to get a boost without focusing on the one thing that matters most...the actual website and the value it has to offer.

You need to BeGlobal in terms of thinking about your website. You are focusing on one keyword, as if that is the only thing potential customers would enter in the search engines when searching for a service or product you provide.

Open your mind to the possibility those potential visitors are using a wide variety of terms, any of which could be used to enhance your website, and to help find it. wizard.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!