• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Link Popularity Software Tool For Our Website

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ttw

ttw

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

For years I have had a tool on our site where you site visitors can compare their link popularity to other sites. ([post="http://totheweb.com/...index.php"]Tool sample[/post])

I realize that the tool no longer works and I can't reach the guy who developed it for me. Does anyone know of a good Link Popularity tool I can add to my website? (Preferably low cost)

Thanks so much.

Rosemary

(If the above link doesn't work, you can go to our site and look in the Learning Center drop-down menu to see what I'm referring to)

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:10 AM

There's no accurate way to measure links as none of the tools show them all. So any tool that you may put on your site would be providing people with incorrect information, and therefore I wouldn't recommend doing it.

#3 cfreek

cfreek

AAAHHHH!!1one1!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:28 AM

Assuming the only issue with your current tool is the deprecation warning, and depending on how it is coded, you may be able to replace "ereg_replace" with "preg_replace" on line 110 of /tools/linkpop/clsGetNrRes.php and have things working again.

#4 beanstalkseo

beanstalkseo

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jun 6 2011, 08:10 AM) View Post
There's no accurate way to measure links as none of the tools show them all. So any tool that you may put on your site would be providing people with incorrect information, and therefore I wouldn't recommend doing it.

I agree. At this stage none of the search engines accurately display link information. Even tools like SEOmoz and Majestic don't have all the information you'd need to be authoritative or at least, in a way that provides something unique.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!