• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Algo Updates?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 PatrickGer

PatrickGer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:08 PM

Hello everyone,

as I spent most of the last year (or 1,5 years?) doing link building (of the little time I have...as Im still in college), I was hoping you folks could tell me if anything else about the algorithm has changed?

The last important one I remember was the google places update. Has local SEO changed further since that one?

Another update, I remember is the "sandbox" update and some people saying age of site didnt matter that much anymore, whereas others were saying it still did.

Do social media signals play a more important role in the algorithm, nowadays?

Did any other algo updates like that happen during that time?

Anything I should read up on...? (no need to spoon-feed me, unless someone is bored ;-))

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,775 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:18 PM

Search engines STILL want to show the BEST results to their users. That has not changed at all since 1998.

Make sure your website pages ARE the best for your users and the search engine will be more than "happy" with that.

If you are looking for "algo chasing" tricks. .... You are asking at the wrong forum.

#3 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,775 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:25 PM

The "sandbox" never existed as an actual "feature", it was merely a "quarantine" period for links. AND even that quarantine period "went away"/diminished with the "Go Faster Google" of post "Caffeine"

Social media is good for marketing and promotion to USERS, if SEs find it "useful" then that is a bonus.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,913 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

Please see our search engine updates forum where I'm moving this. There are been tons and tons over the past year from Google. Most recently the Panda update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!