• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Facebook Like Or Share

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mee

mee

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:28 AM

What should I implement in my website the facebook like buttons or the share button which give more exposure/traffic advantage ?

Thanks

#2 Ron Carnell

Ron Carnell

HR 6

• 966 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:03 AM

I believe the Like button is now pretty much the way the Share button used to be, while the Share button is no longer available. That should make it a pretty easy choice? smile.gif

#3 mee

mee

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:34 AM

I don't think that share button is no longer there
addthis and other integrators still have the share function to facebook
which is different than the 'like' functionality

#4 Ron Carnell

Ron Carnell

HR 6

• 966 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:15 AM

The Share button for AddThis, and similar social aggregators, is NOT the same as the old FB Share button.

Those Share buttons, indeed, have very little to do with Facebook. Instead, they provide access to multiple social plugins, i.e., typically those much smaller than Facebook, Twitter, et al, those too small or insignificant to rate their own buttons.

If your question is whether you should use AddThis's FB button or AddThis's Share button, I would suggest using both. They serve different purposes.

If your question is whether you should (or can) use Facebook's Share button, here is FB's own wordy answer to your question.

#5 mee

mee

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:23 AM

OK thanks for your reply
I did some testing yesterday
they both essentially do the same thing so you can use any. content of both appears in the timeline of your friends

like button is kind of better I think, as it also shows the no of people who like it and you just have to click it once and it would get shared without taking you off the current page

#6 Hichem

Hichem

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

The subject is 3 months old, but I would like to point out something here,

Remember the facebook pages ? we used to click "Become a Fan" , but now it's "Like"

Go search in facebook blog and see why they did that and you will make your choice easily then.

#7 josh1r

josh1r

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

I wanted to ask a quick question, sorry if I'm hijacking your thread but I think it's related. Does anyone know if it's 'better' (and if so, why) to try and promote the facebook page we created for our business (i.e. and have a link to our facebook page on our website so that people can easily visit our facebook page and like us/get updates via facebook), or just have a facebook like button on our website so people can like individual pages of our site?

Sorry if this is a dumb question as I'm still learning how to use facebook...

#8 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

It's actually best to do both. Your Facebook page can be used to further communicate and offer special things to your target audience. But it's also good to have them spread around any great content you have via Facebook Likes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!