• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Links Pages

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 perkle

perkle

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:19 AM

Is there any good in having my link on someone's page that is not indexed.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:09 AM

Sure. People might click to your site, which is the reason why anyone wants links in the first place.

#3 Catz

Catz

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:19 AM

No doubt, your ultimate goal is to get human visitors into the website, and whether the page is indexed or not, if it has human visitors that might be interested in checking out your page, it could be to your advantage.

Who knows, one of them could have a website of their own, like what they see and link to you from an indexed page someday too.

#4 CeeJ

CeeJ

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:34 AM

Sure, there is the possibility of real people clicking through. There is
also the possibility of the page getting indexed sometime in the future.

#5 CredoInvictus

CredoInvictus

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:21 AM

Is this a real-life situation that is worrying you? Is the other site new and possibly going to be indexed in the future, or has it been penalized by Google? Does the other site have traffic that might be a benefit to your site, or might it be rubbish traffic that will just skew your visitor analysis?

#6 perkle

perkle

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE(CredoInvictus @ May 22 2011, 10:21 AM) View Post
Is this a real-life situation that is worrying you? Is the other site new and possibly going to be indexed in the future, or has it been penalized by Google? Does the other site have traffic that might be a benefit to your site, or might it be rubbish traffic that will just skew your visitor analysis?

I wonder if the site is a good neighbor or not.
I have sites that ask to trade links only to delete my link after 30 days or so.

I am at the point where I don't even reply to their request any longer. I recently put five different links on my site and they have done nothing towards placing my link after 30 days. I figure all they wanted was a one way link to start with. But My time is wasted completly.

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:46 AM

I figure all they wanted was a one way link to start with. But My time is wasted completly.

Bingo. I'm sure you could find more important things to do with your time, like perhaps create some content that might be worth linking to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!