• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

What Type Of Layout Should I Go With?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 doogie88

doogie88

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:55 PM

My site is a content filled site. Probably about 80 pages of unique content, and brings in a couple thousand visitors a day. I want it to be known as a content site, but at the same time, my main front page is a sales letter to sell a membership to get even more information.
Now I don't want to fill my left navigation column with links to distract the sales copy, but at the same time I don't want the free information to go unnoticed or users to miss the free information. But I dont know if I should just forget about that, and try to get them to focus on the sale?
I was thinking about a simple drop down nav menu up top that would consist of:

Contact Us
Connect - Forums and Blog
Free info - all free content (but I think this might get messing with approx 80 pages.
About Us - Privacy - Disclaimer - About us

Then the main content will be a 1 column sales page.
And maybe add a column navigation to the other pages?

#2 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:09 PM

If you have a sales letter for a paid product and you mention free information, most people will feel compelled to find out what the free information is rather than paying for something.

Why intermix the two? Why not split the free content part off into a directory and market:

www.OriginalURL.com as the sales site and

www.OriginalURL.com/content as a separate site?

#3 doogie88

doogie88

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:25 PM

Thanks for the reply.
My site is 11 years old, and originally started as just a free site, that's where the traffic started from. Then the product was added, so the front page turned into the sales page. And below the product links on the left coumn, is the free info links.
Now the product we offer is more so a service that is hard to obtain, in a way I think reading the free information, they learn more about the niche, and makes the demand for the service even more.
Also, I don't know if I should take away the links from the homepage, and the juice it gives to the sub pages?

How would I link to the separate site? just with a single link?

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,004 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:02 AM

You might want to request a site review. This isn't something that can be helped with in the abstract.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!