• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Complete Newbie, Recommended Books, Courses, Blogs Etc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LewisM

LewisM

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:10 PM

Hello HighRankings forum, my first post at what looks to be a very useful forum!

As the title suggests I am very much a newbie when it comes to SEO, I know the basics (and I do mean very basic; write articles with a backlink, make a site tree, higher PR usually = good... and that's about it), but really not enough to effectively market a site.

That said I do have a few things under my belt smile.gif
My 'day job' is the running of a few Ecommerce stores (OsCommerce all the way!), I do all my own gfx work for these sites and most of the coding too. Admittedly I have an OK-at-best understanding of PHP and MySQL (my HTML is slightly better heh), but it's been enough to get me through most of what's needed doing throughout the years.
However what I think is most important is my knowledge of what looks to be a very profitable niche. At the moment it's ripe for the picking, it's just starting to really take off yet it's still at the stage where the market could be easily taken over.
If I manage to do this properly in a years time when the market has properly matured I'll potentially be one of the larger names associated with it smile.gif

I'm not afraid of hard work, I already know a great deal on the subject and have great connections to the industry (one of my shops is actually related to it!).
But the problem is, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing lmao.gif

But I'm rambling a bit now heh.
Basically what I was hoping for is a few recommendations of books or blogs to read, or maybe even some courses to attend. I just need something / someone to show me how to get started, to point me in the right direction.

Any help / information greatly appreciated,
Lewis.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:59 AM

Tips for Newbies
High Rankings Advisor
My SEO Course

#3 LewisM

LewisM

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:09 AM

Thank you, that should keep me busy for a while!

#4 lisety

lisety

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:43 PM

When I was a complete Newbie, I found that following the discussions here was very helpful It seems like just about everything is talked about here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!