• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Seo Beginner's Questions Please?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 mikehende

mikehende

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 3 2011, 05:02 PM) View Post
If a video or a flash animation is the only thing on the page, you're not giving the search engines anything to index. But if you've got a page of unique, interesting, informative text there's no harm in adding video to the page, as long as you're doing it for people. If it makes the page better, use it. Just don't rely on it to carry the page.

Best explanation I have heard so far, I have ordered the "Art of SEO" book to give me the basics but meantime, I have optimized my file names [url's], description and keywords, used the alt to name all images and submitted my site to the search engines, what else should I do to try to get traffic to my site and how can I track how it's doing on the net?

#17 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:14 PM

You need text content as well.

#18 BBQHotGamesO

BBQHotGamesO

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:02 AM

have you checked out the avoiding seo brain freeze guide? That will save you a lot of time and help narrow keywords and phrases down. Saved me from competing in a space of 20million plus sites to under 400,000 with about the same search traffic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.