• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

When Their Is No Search Demand

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jesper B.

Jesper B.

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:53 AM

Hi guys!,

I need your input!

We are creating a new digital photo service that I hope people will find useful. On the marketing side we discussed how we can use search engines to drive traffic to our site and Ive investigated keywords too. Problem is: There is no search demand for our product - because the service is new to people. Now how to go about this. Should we spend money and time on SEO trying to target more general terms or related terms lets say "Digital Photo Ideas" (just an example), cross fingers and hope some people will convert when they see what the prodct is about? In other words do you think SEO can be used for push-marketing and not only for pull-marketing?

IMO our time and money is much better spend with a marketing strategy that focuses on word of mouth e.g. social networks - gettting people to share the content they create using our our service, give freebies to bloggers and websites that might be interested in our theme/service. Perhaps later it will be relevant to give our website a full doze of SEO if people actually start to search for services similar to ours.

I value your opinion

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,725 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:16 AM

READ the bit I quoted from Michael's post.

http://www.highranki...mp;#entry317757

#3 piskie

piskie

HR 7

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:33 PM

Sounds like a carefully worked out PPC campaign could achieve 2 things here.
First it will get you some visitors, second it will give you some data as to what Search Phrases are going to be productive.

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(Jesper B. @ Apr 26 2011, 12:53 AM) View Post
Hi guys!,

I need your input!

We are creating a new digital photo service that I hope people will find useful. On the marketing side we discussed how we can use search engines to drive traffic to our site and Ive investigated keywords too. Problem is: There is no search demand for our product - because the service is new to people. Now how to go about this. Should we spend money and time on SEO trying to target more general terms or related terms lets say "Digital Photo Ideas" (just an example), cross fingers and hope some people will convert when they see what the prodct is about? In other words do you think SEO can be used for push-marketing and not only for pull-marketing?

What you want to do is create a query space around your brand. That is, create visibility for your brand and make sure your Website is optimized for the brand-related queries that will be driven by that non-search marketing campaign.

#5 Jesper B.

Jesper B.

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:49 PM

Thank you for your ideas. Much obliged!

#6 BBQHotGamesO

BBQHotGamesO

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:02 AM

The real question is whether any of the photo search terms that people are using can convert to your product. For example let's say I'm looking at sharing photos and Photoshop comes up instead, it just so happens that i need to edit and customize my photos as well, I could be converted, also known as bait and switch.
my 2 cents

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!