• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Content Is King

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ykyant

ykyant

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:27 AM

Hi All,

I have followed this rule for years till now, my colleagues and I have worked pretty hard to write up many useful information for our site.

It ranks top 2 to 5 in Google for specific keyword since last couple of years. We did feel happy and we never hire any SEO at all.

We never rank top 1, and all we can think of is because we don't have enough links point to us.

Somehow I do feel upset because our competitors doesn't really provide "good" information, but have done a very good job in link buildings, and it is obviously done by some SEO.. eg. articles submission. girl_cray2.gif

The point is.. does Google still take that into account regardless the quality of those articles? I would say those articles is rubbish!..eg 10 reason to buy XXXX, 10 ways to produce XXXXX... I am sure you guys saw a lot.

We are thinking to hire a SEO to do the link buildings for us. Is it worth, what should I look for, and any concern here? notworthy.gif

Sorry for my poor English.

PS. I know there may be other reasons why it can't be ranked No. 1. But would like to focus on link buildings first.

Regards
Ann

#2 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE(ykyant @ Apr 25 2011, 07:27 AM) View Post
Somehow I do feel upset because our competitors doesn't really provide "good" information, but have done a very good job in link buildings, and it is obviously done by some SEO.. eg. articles submission. girl_cray2.gif

The point is.. does Google still take that into account regardless the quality of those articles? I would say those articles is rubbish!..eg 10 reason to buy XXXX, 10 ways to produce XXXXX... I am sure you guys saw a lot.

I think that a diverse range of natural links should still help Google decide what it wants to rank first, but links have never been Google's trump card. They have, rather, been the cheap, easy crutch that too many SEOs fell back on.

We are thinking to hire a SEO to do the link buildings for us. Is it worth, what should I look for, and any concern here? notworthy.gif

The less expensive the service, the more likely they are using link spam.

However, price is not the only indication of quality. Anyone can jack up the price and still rely on link spam.

If you're going to work with an SEO, I think you should consider looking into the full range of search engine optimization services. People who specialize in link acquisition may or may not be able to help you but someone who is able to look at the entire situation and suggest a strategy may serve you better.

For example, you're concerned about one keyword. It would be an unusually exceptional keyword that sent your site most or all of its converting traffic. A product brand name might do that, but if you're not the product originator then you don't deserve to be listed first and Google will do whatever it can (algorithmically) to identify and promote the product brand owner's site.

Search engine optimization addresses all search referral traffic. Ranking 1st for specific keywords isn't as efficient and effective as ranking well for as many relevant expressions as possible.

#3 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,932 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:50 PM

Search engine optimization addresses all search referral traffic. Ranking 1st for specific keywords isn't as efficient and effective as ranking well for as many relevant expressions as possible.

Do you think this will ever sink in to people, or are we doomed forever to endure where people expect ONE page "ranking" for TWO words to bring them riches beyond the dreams of avarice?

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE(chrishirst @ Apr 25 2011, 10:50 AM) View Post
Do you think this will ever sink in to people, or are we doomed forever to endure where people expect ONE page "ranking" for TWO words to bring them riches beyond the dreams of avarice?

I'm not ready to give up yet. I'm just stubborn like that.
searchme.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!